Social media policy
SHANKLIN SANDOWN ROWING CLUB SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY CLUB WELFARE OFFICER IS JANE DENBY-ROACH firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE NOTE THAT AS AN AFFILIATED CLUB WITH BRITISH ROWING OUR POLICIES ARE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR GUIDELINES.
British Rowing recognises that safeguards need to be put in place to ensure anyone, including children, young adults, and adults at risk, remain safe while online or using social media. Where a participant in rowing is under 18, we ask that their parent(s)/carer(s) spend a few minutes to read through and discuss this statement with their child and ensure they understand their responsibilities. As a participant in rowing:
• I will be responsible for my behaviour when using the internet and social media or any digital content in relation to British Rowing, or my rowing club, including the content I access and how I conduct myself.
• I will not deliberately create, browse or access material that could be considered offensive or illegal. If I accidentally come across any such material, I will report this to my Club Welfare Officer.
• I will not use social media or the internet to send anyone material that could be considered threatening, offensive, upsetting, bullying or that is illegal.
• I understand that all my use of internet and social media is potentially visible to everyone and that any issues involving my behaviour online may be addressed by my coach, other official at my rowing club, or by British Rowing.
• I will not give out any of my personal information (such as name, age, address, or telephone number online), or that of anyone else. I will not share my passwords with anyone else. I am aware that if I am experiencing bullying behaviour or abuse online, I can contact my Club Welfare Officer . In addition, if I am under 18 :
• I I know that my Club has a Club Welfare Officer who I can contact using the contact details they have provided, or British Rowing’s Lead Safeguarding Officer by emailing LSO@britishrowing.org
• I will not arrange to meet someone that I have met online unless accompanied by a parent/carer. • I understand that these rules are designed to keep me safe, and if they are not followed my parents may be contacted.
• I will avoid using my mobile or smartphone during activities at my rowing club as I understand that it will have an impact on my safety and my opportunity to learn and achieve.
• I know I can contact Childline on 0800 11 11 if I have any worries about something I’ve seen or experienced online. Anyone who feels unsafe, unwelcome or harassed or who has any questions or concerns should contact British Rowing’s Lead Safeguarding Officer by emailing: LSO@britishrowing.org